The Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual, 5th Edition (PDF)
by Christopher A. Sanford MD MPH DTM&H (Author), Elaine C. Jong MD (Author), Paul S. Pottinger MD DTM&H (Author)
Prevent, evaluate, and manage diseases that can be acquired in tropical environments and foreign countries with The Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual. This pragmatic, pocket-sized resource equips medical providers with the knowledge they need to offer effective aid, covering key topics in pre- and post-travel medicine, caring for immigrants and refugees, and working in low-resource settings. It’s also the perfect source for travelers seeking quick, easy access to the latest travel medicine information.
- Dynamic images illustrate key concepts for an enhanced visual understanding.
- Evidence-based treatment recommendations enable you to manage diseases confidently.
- Pocket-sized format provides access to need-to-know information quickly and easily.
- Evidence-based appendix, available at Expert Consult, helps to validate treatments.
- Highlights new evidence and content surrounding mental health and traveling.
- Covers emerging hot topics such as Ebola virus disease, viral hemorrhagic fevers, the role of point-of-care testing in travel medicine, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria in returning travelers and students traveling abroad.
- Includes an enhanced drug appendix in the back of the book.
- Paperback: 664 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 5 edition (September 27, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323375065
- ISBN-13: 978-0323375061