The ECMO Book (EPUB)
By Jeffrey Dellavolpe MD
ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) is a crucial form of support for patients with respiratory failure, severe ARDS, COVID-19, and cardiogenic shock whose use has been increasing exponentially around the world. The ECMO Book offers a comprehensive yet approachable framework for understanding the principles of extracorporeal support as well as the subtleties related to the care of patients needing ECMO. Dr. Jeffrey DellaVolpe provides authoritative, consistent guidance on all aspects of ECMO, making complex information understandable and accessible and helping you increase your knowledge of and proficiency with this multifaceted therapy.
- Establishes the context of ECMO in the care of critically ill patients (patient selection, indications, contraindications), progressing from basic science information through advanced ECMO concepts.
- Explores physiologic fundamentals and builds on these concepts by applying them to extracorporeal support, equipping you with a sound framework for how those principles can be applied in the day-to-day management of patients with severe cardiac and respiratory failure.
- Covers key topics such as blood flow titration, sweep gas titration, ventilator management on ECMO, and anticoagulation and bleeding management.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (July 29, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 248 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0443111987
- ISBN-13 : 978-0443111983
File Size : 13.4 MB