The Clinical Placement: An Essential Guide for Nursing Students, 5th edition (True PDF)
By Tracy Levett-Jones RN BN MEd&Work PhD, Kerry Reid-Searl AM RN RM BHlthSc MClin Ed PhD
Clinical placements are wonderful learning experiences but they can also be daunting. This book is written specifically for nursing students undertaking a Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing. It will help you prepare for clinical placements and enhance your knowledge and confidence.
Written by leading academics Tracy Levett-Jones and Kerry Reid-Searl, The Clinical Placement will give you the knowledge, strategies, practical tips and insights you need to excel in your placements. It has a strong focus on both person-centred care, self-care, professional and personal responsibilities.
With a supporting video series containing a wealth of practical ideas from expert nurses and recently graduated students, this book will empower you to complete your clinical placements feeling confident and capable as you undertake your journey to becoming a registered nurse.
- Written specifically for students undertaking a Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing
- Tips to maximise learning opportunities in a range of different clinical settings
- Practical strategies for dealing with difficult and challenging situations
- 13 engaging videos provide expert insights
- An eBook included with print purchase
Instructor and student resources:
- An introductory video by Tracy Levett-Jones
- ‘Insights from Experts’ videos with registered nurses
- ‘Insights from Students’ video with nursing graduates
- New student perspectives and insights woven throughout chapters
- New video with senior/graduate students providing practical tips for commencing students to assist with placement preparation
- Increased focus on self-care, dealing with stress and burnout, and how to navigate high-risk situations
- Additional strategies to help you learn more effectively while on placement
- Publisher : Elsevier; 5th edition (August 26, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 184 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0729543889
- ISBN-13 : 978-0729543880
File Size : 3.3 MB