The ASAM Essentials of Addiction Medicine, 3rd Edition (EPUB)
By Abigail Herron, Dr. Timothy Koehler Brennan MD MPH
Derived from ASAM’s definitive work , Principles of Addiction Medicine, 6th Edition , this companion resource is ideal for residents, fellows, and practitioners in psychiatry, as well as addiction medicine specialists and other healthcare workers who provide care to patients with substance use disorders. Streamlined and easy to use, the Essentials volume provides authoritative information on everything from the pharmacology of addiction through diagnosis, assessment, and early intervention—all in concise, easy-to-navigate format for ease of reference.
- Presents the collective wisdom of hundreds of esteemed authorities on the art and science of addiction medicine, including the physical, emotional, and mental health effects of substance misuse.
- Features key points, review questions, and suggested readings that help maximize understanding and retention of essential concepts.
- Covers the various forms of addiction management, treatment of individual patient populations, management of intoxication and withdrawal, pharmacologic and behavioral interventions, recovery programs, medical disorders and complications, co-occurring addiction and psychiatric disorders, pain and addiction, children and adolescents, and ethical, legal, and liability issues.
- Follows the format of the larger text, with each chapter in Essentials providing a summary of the corresponding chapter in Principles .
- Serves as a day-to-day clinical resource as well as a review tool for those preparing for addiction medicine and addiction psychiatry certification exams.
- Publisher : LWW; 3rd edition (March 20, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 736 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975107950
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975107956
File Size : 4.1 MB