Performance Enhancement & Health: Volume 9 (Issue 1 to Issue 4)
Performance Enhancement & Health is a multi-disciplinary, international, peer-reviewed journal that publishes research on the enhancement of human functioning and health. Reflecting its multi-disciplinary scope, PEH publishes research that investigates performance enhancement and health through the lens of social sciences and humanities. PEH strives to cover different facets of performance enhancement, such as productivity, identity, social capital, and/or human functioning. PEH adopts a biopsychosocial approach to health. In turn, contributions may cover physical, mental, and/or social aspects of health.
Performance Enhancement & Health welcomes papers, in English, on topics including, but not restricted to, the following:
• Human enhancement drugs, novel psychoactive substances, traditional drugs, doping, pharmaceuticals and supplements
• Sport, exercise and fitness
• Drugs policy, anti-doping policy, harm reduction, and drug prevention, education and treatment
• Athletes’ health and wellbeing
• Body shape and image, and bodily functions
• Workplace and school performance
• Quality of life, (anti-)aging, and lifestyle
• Fatigue and injury prevention
• Self-regulation of performance and human functioning
Please be aware that manuscripts only focused on pure sport science fall outside the scope of this journal. We will only consider these types of manuscripts (quantitative and/or qualitative) if they are also related to health. The same applies to other manuscripts that do not relate their focus to performance enhancement and/or health. Feel free to contact the Editor-in-Chief to discuss whether your article is within the scope of PEH.
There are no reviews yet.