Pathology and Epidemiology of Aquatic Animal Diseases for Practitioners (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Laura Urdes, Chris Walster, Julius Tepper
Pathology and Epidemiology of Aquatic Animal Diseases for Practitioners
Comprehensive reference on the diseases and applied epidemiology of all aquatic animal taxa, including invertebrates and vertebrates
Pathology and Epidemiology of Aquatic Animal Diseases for Practitioners provides information on the diseases and applied epidemiology of all aquatic animal taxa, including invertebrates and vertebrates, along with information on applied epidemiology, acknowledging the One Health concept, and discussion on probabilities of disease outbreaks occurring and assesses the economic costs of treating those outbreaks, if applicable.
Divided into two sections, the book looks at the pathology of major aquatic taxa and their associated infectious diseases―parasitic, viral, and bacterial―and non-infectious diseases. Each includes an overview, their host range and transmission, signs and diagnosis, differentials, and treatment and management. These assets are accompanied by clinical signs-lesion differential charts.
Sample topics discussed in Pathology and Epidemiology of Aquatic Animal Diseases include:
- Echinoderms, including crinoidea (crinoids, sea lilies, feather stars, and asteroidea), sea stars/starfish, and ophiuroidea (brittle stars and basket stars)
- Reptiles, including turtles (freshwater and marine), crocodilians, marine iguanas, and sea snakes
- Pinnipeds, including otariidae (eared seals), odobenidae (walruses), phocidae (earless seals), mustelidae (otters), and sirenia (manatees and dugongs)
- Tropical marine aquarium fish (damselfish, angelfish, gobies, wrasses, parrotfish, butterfly fish, and clownfish) and anemones.
A highly useful reference for veterinary practitioners, academic staff, and researchers, Pathology and Epidemiology of Aquatic Animal Diseases is also suitable for those who are interested in aquatic veterinary medicine and serves as a companion to Fundamentals of Aquatic Veterinary Medicine, written by the same editorial team.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (June 19, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 111983967X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119839675
File Size : 290.2 MB