Mayo Clinic Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Symposium Online Course 2022 (Videos+Assessment Quiz)
Acute Care Surgery is an evolving specialty that takes the principals of trauma care (organized teams, evidence-based processes and procedures, and continuous quality improvement) and applies them to patients with other urgent, time-sensitive surgical conditions. Acute care surgery involves three central components: trauma, critical care and emergency surgery. Over the last 20 years, acute care surgical services have become increasingly responsible for the management of emergency general surgery across the country. As this surgical field continues to expand, so does the utilization of advanced practitioners within it. Mayo Clinic is uniquely positioned to share expert knowledge in this expanding specialty field. This course is designed to ensure that advanced practitioners enhance both knowledge and skill sets in acute care surgery.
This course is designed for advanced practitioners including physician assistants and nurse practitioners. In addition, physicians, clinical nurse specialist, nurse educators and nursing staff in trauma, acute care surgery, emergency medicine, and hospital medicine may benefit from this course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe a systematic approach to assessment and management of the trauma and acute care patients.
- Formulate an action plan based on scientific rationale, evidence-based standards of care, and practice management guidelines for trauma and acute care patents.
- Choose appropriate and timely consultation and/or referral when necessary in the trauma acute care surgery populations.
- Describe whole blood management in the trauma patients.
- Define common organ failure syndromes in the critically ill, such as respiratory failure, shock, and sepsis.
- Discuss management of the pre and post-acute care surgical patients.
Program : Click here
Event starts: 09/08/2022
Event ends: 09/10/2022
File Size : 12.7 GB