Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology: Volume 83 (Issue 1 to Issue 6)
The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD), the official scientific publication of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), aims to satisfy the educational needs of the dermatology community. As the specialty’s leading journal, JAAD features original, peer-reviewed articles emphasizing:
- clinical, investigative, and population-based studies
- healthcare delivery and quality of care research
- high quality, cost effective, and innovative treatments
- new diagnostic techniques, and
- other topics related to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the skin, hair, and nails
Each issue includes continuing medical education articles designed to fill practice and knowledge gaps in the delivery of dermatologic care. JAAD is also the official venue for practice guidelines established by the AAD. Our ultimate goal is to provide readers with content that advances the breadth and depth of dermatologic expertise by disseminating evidence-based recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
The Journal is ranked 1st out of 68 in the Dermatology category in the 2020 Journal Citation Reports®, published by Clarivate Analytics, and has an Impact Factor of 11.527.
The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology is also recommended for purchase in the Brandon-Hill study, Selected List of Books and Journals for the Small Medical Library.
JAAD has two open access companion titles:
- JAAD Case Reports welcomes new and novel cases, case series, and images that are authentic, understandable, educational and of interest to an audience of dermatologists, residents, fellows, and researchers in all dermatology subspecialties, as well as clinicians in related fields.
- JAAD International welcomes clinical and translational research studies that advance the understanding and practice of dermatology on a broad, inclusive and international basis.
There are no reviews yet.