Hazardous Materials Medicine: Treating the Chemically Injured Patient (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Richard Stilp, Armando Bevelacqua
Hazardous Materials Medicine
Complete background on chemical exposures that create illnesses, including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment protocols
Written on a level that can be understood by field practitioners and/or first responders, Hazardous Materials Medicine: Treating the Chemically Injured Patient provides an in-depth understanding of how to diagnose and treat toxic chemical exposures in a prehospital or emergency department setting.
The protocols used in this book conform to the guidelines set forth in the NFPA 470 standard, and the medical guidance developed by FEMA for Type I, II & III Deployable Hazmat Response Teams. The hazardous materials medical protocols in this book have been fully vetted by three poison control toxicologists, multiple emergency physicians, and paramedics.
Hazardous Materials Medicine: Treating the Chemically Injured Patient covers sample topics such as:
- Scene assessment, to help determine the cause of the exposure, and exposure assessment, to determine what physiologic systems are affected
- Toxic syndromes/toxidromes to appropriately treat the exposed patient, including corrosive and irritant, asphyxiant, cholinergic, and hydrocarbon and derivative toxidromes
- Science behind a chemical exposure, to allow for a complete understanding of both the chemistry and physiology of what is occurring because of the exposure
- Interfacing between the on-scene response team and the hospital, to ensure consistency and continuity of care from the field into the hospital
Enabling public safety and health professionals to administer effective care while retaining their own personal safety, Hazardous Materials Medicine: Treating the Chemically Injured Patient is a must-have resource for emergency medical technicians, paramedics, hazmat technicians, and emergency physicians and nurses working in high-risk field situations with chemically injured patients.
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (May 2, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 111966392X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119663928
File Size : 67.5 MB