Foundations of Anatomy and Physiology: A Workshop Manual with Laboratory Applications (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Ellie Kirov BSc(BiolSc)Hons PhD(MedSc), Alan Needham
This new practice manual is designed to provide students with the conceptual foundations of anatomy and physiology, as well as the basic critical thinking skills they will need to apply theory to practice in real-life settings.
Written by lecturers Dr Ellie Kirov and Dr Alan Needham, who have more than 60 years’ teaching experience between them, the book caters to nursing, health science, and allied health students at varying levels of understanding and ability. Learning activities are scaffolded to enable students to progress to more complex concepts once they have mastered the basics.
A key advantage of this manual is that it can be used by instructors and students in conjunction with any anatomy and/or physiology core textbook, or as a standalone resource. It can be adapted for learning in all environments, including where wet labs are not available.
- Can be used with any other textbook or on its own – flexible for teachers and students alike
- Scaffolded content – suitable for students’ varying learning requirements and available facilities
- Concept-based practical activities – can be selected and adapted to align with different units across courses
- Provides a range of activities to support understanding and build knowledge, including theory, application and experimentation
- Activities can be aligned to learning requirements and needs – may be selected to assist pre-class, in-class, post-class, or for self-paced learning
- Easy to navigate – icons identify content type contained in each activity as well as safety precautions
- An eBook included in all print purchases
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (April 17, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 560 pages
- ISBN-10 : 072954401X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0729544016
File Size : 74.7 MB