Beischer & MacKay’s Obstetrics, Gynaecology and the Newborn, 4th Edition (PDF)
by Michael Permezel MD MRCP(UK) MRCOG FRANZCOG (Author), Susan Walker MD DDU CMFM FRANZCOG (Author), Kypros Kyprianou MBBS FRACP (Author)
Beicher & MacKay’s Obstetrics, Gynaecology and the Newborn, 4th Edition is an update of the highly acclaimed Obstetrics and the Newborn, 3rd Edition and Illustrated Textbook of Gynaecology. It is the most up-to-date resource in Obstetrics and Gynaecology targeting those with fundamental understanding of this subject area and is written from the Australian perspective with incorporation of the latest RANZCOG guidelines.
Experts throughout Australia and New Zealand have contributed content on the most prevalent topics encountered by obstetricians; gynaecologists and neonatologists today, ranging from global and indigenous reproductive health; sexual assault; gynaecological oncology through to neonatal assessment, malformations and transport.
- Alignment to RANZCOG guidelines including unique perspectives from the President, provides invaluable information for practice in the Australia.
- A summary of key points at the start of chapters highlights the main facts which readers should draw from each chapter.
- A vast range of anatomical drawings, graphs and clinical photos provide a practical perspective on the theoretical component within the textbook.
- Reference lists at the end of each chapter outline the strong evidence basis that supports the content of this edition.
- A new editor and contributor team brings in wealth of expertise from across Australia, New Zealand and internationally.
- Two new chapters on Global Reproductive Health and Indigenous Women’s Health place emphasis on the need to adapt women’s healthcare according to various cultural and socioeconomic factors.
- Emphasis on prevention and early diagnosis in obstetric care, with an increasing focus on fetal medicine.
- This edition will be available as an Expert Consult eBook along with the print book. The eBook will include enhancements to the images within the book, as enabled by the Inkling platform.
- Paperback: 752 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (September 25, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 072954074X
- ISBN-13: 978-0729540742