ASE Advanced Echo: Virtual Experience 2023
Advanced Echo Online Course features the latest education on established and emerging cardiovascular ultrasound technologies. Combining the course directorships of Echo Hawaii and State-of-the-Art Echocardiography, expert faculty discuss state-of-the-art technologies with a particular focus on how they can be effectively applied in the clinical setting. Case-based approaches are used to discuss new and established applications of echocardiography for diagnosis and guiding management in patients with a broad array of cardiovascular conditions.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be better able to:
- Integrate echocardiographic information in clinical decision making.
- Assess ventricular and valvular function using Doppler hemodynamics.
- Describe Doppler assessment of diastolic function/dysfunction.
- Explain new advances in the echocardiographic assessment of left and right ventricular function, including strain and 3D.
- Integrate echocardiographic assessment of cardiomyopathies and systemic diseases in patient management.
- Define clinical uses of TEE and 3D echocardiography.
- Recognize how echocardiography is used to help manage patients with ischemic heart disease.
- Recognize the role of echo contrast and be able to incorporate its use in the echo laboratory.
- Integrate echo information in the management of complex valvular heart disease.
Content Available from Echo Hawaii
- Physiology of Diastole: What are We Trying to Measure?
- Physiology of Systole: What are We Really Trying to Measure?
- Intro to Strain Imaging: How does GLS add to EF?
- A Primer on Adult Congenital Echoes
A. De Freitas
- Assessing the RV – Role of Strain and 3D
- Echo in Beside Care: COVID and Beyond
- Strain in the Assessment of Cardiomyopathies
- The Future of Echo: AI and Machine Learning
- Chest Pain in the ER: Which Test?
- Complications of MI: Echo has the Answer
- The Future of Echo: Advanced Applications of Contrast
- Strategies to Make Your Lab Excellent
- Assessment of Atrial Function: What is the Role of Strain?
- Top 5 Situations Where I Find Strain is Helpful
- Septal Defects You Don’t Want to Close
A. de Freitas
- Quantification of Stenosis: Avoid These Pitfalls
- Starting an Interventional Echo Program: Training, Technique, & Economics
- 3D Assessment of the Cardiac Valves
- Interventions for MR in Heart Failure
- MitraClip: Who is it for? How is it Guided?
- The Future of Echo: The Brave New World
- Eisenmenger’s Echo in the Middle of the Night
A. de Freitas
- A Systematic Approach to Multi-Valve Disease
- Exercise Echo and Strain to Time Intervention in Valvular Heart Disease
- Improving source of Embolus Exams: The Science of Saline Contrast
- TEE in Emergent Situations
- Athlete’s Heart: Separating Abnormal from Supraphysiologic
- Use of Echo in Pulmonary Hypertension
Content Available from State-of-the-Art Echocardiography
- AI and Echocardiography
- Quantitation of Ventricular Function
- Contrast Echocardiography: Impact on Diagnosis and Outcome
- Stress Echocardiography is Still Alive
- Cases to Illustrate When Aortic Stenosis Gradient and Area Do Not Match
- What Should A Successful TAVR Look Like
- Degenerated Bio Prosthesis, Valve-in-Valve
- Mitral Regurgitation, Etiology and Quantification
- Mitra Clip Measurements
- Pathologies of Mitral Valve
- Pathologies of Tricuspid Valve
- Tricuspid Valve Repair: The New Frontier
- LAA Occluder Device, Measurement
- Measuring Normal Function of Prosthetic Valves
- Aortic Regurgitation Illustrative Cases
- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis
- Learn Clinical Diastology With Cases
- Amyloid and Constriction
- Stress Cardiomyopathy
- Systemic Illness and The Heart
- Pulmonary Hypertension: Optimal Evaluation
- RV Strain: Cases to Illustrate How
- Clinical Examples of Utility Of GLS
- Utility of LA Strain: Case Examples
- Cardio Oncology: Case Examples
- Normal and Abnormal LVAD Cases
- Pulmonary Embolism and RV Strain